Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week Three: The Undertaker's got nothing on me!

I did a combination of everything I've done so far this week: Routine 3, the aviary, and Routine 5, all crammed into two days. When doing the aviary, one is also in charge of the farm a.k.a the petting zoo animals (goats, sheep, and a zebu). It was a quiet Thursday afternoon, well as quiet as 13 school groups can be, when I was sent upon a task like none other before! Giving the farm animals their dewormer. It was myself and another intern Kate that marched into battle, with nothing but 24 syringes and our trusty rubber boots. It was muddy, it was exciting, we both got pooped on, and it was so worth it. It was probably one of the most fun things I have done yet; chasing sheep just may become a new hobby...or not ;) But really who needs a herding dog when you've got two enthusiastic interns to do the work?!




When that was all over it was back to selling seed sticks, this time I was sheltered from the fiery death of the sun under a bamboo hut, and had fellow intern Shane for company, that is until I was snatched away by Sandy to assist her with Routine 3.

The next day I was back on routine 5 with Angie, and my favorite penguins. It was also hay delivery day! which meant unloading and stacking many many MANY bails of hay into the barn. We finished a tad early so I had some special arts and crafts time in which I used to make more seed sticks!




Next week it's on to the Rhinos! Routine 4R

No comments:

Post a Comment